The need for Community Paramedicine and the Community Paramedic is essential as the need for delivery of diverse, culturally competent care continues to grow. Disparities, influenced by risk behaviors, socioeconomic status and generic factors magnify incidence and mortality. Education, resources, policies, personal attitudes and awareness may also co-exist. Community Paramedicine and the Community Paramedic have the ability to enact major change. The value of Community Paramedics on the frontlines of healthcare may not be immediately apparent. However, a closer look at the current community health reveals the need for change. Consistent education and accountability ensures the profession of Community Paramedicine the appropriate placement within the health care team. The future of Community Paramedicine is a journey that starts with self-discovery and self-development.
The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry (CPAR), a 501(c) (3) nonprofit association, is the largest Community Paramedicine Organization in the world. The Association is educated to providing our members with the knowledge and resources necessary to provide optimal care to members of our communities.
The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry is a powerful network committed to advancing Community Paramedicine globally through education, political action and advocacy, providing the opportunity for best practice and best outcomes.
When you belong to CPAR, you are a part of an exceptional community that empowers the Community Paramedic and Community Paramedicine to do their very best for patients, clients and community members. We offer standard-setting clinical, educational and professional development resources designed by and for our members.
The mission of the Community Paramedicine Association and Registry is to advocate for community health and excellence in community paramedicine practice.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry values the inclusion and contributions of community paramedicine in collaboration with healthcare partners to explore solutions to the challenges of emergency, primary and preventative care delivery.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry values compassion as an essential element of the Community Paramedicine profession and practice.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry values and embraces inclusion and diversity in all interactions and initiatives.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry values client-centered care and interdisciplinary based delivery of resources that meet the highest quality standards of excellence for everyone in the community of which we serve.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry values lifelong learning and a culture of inquiry for the discovery, translation and integration of evidenced-based research into the practice of Community Paramedicine.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry values its code of ethics and adheres to the principles of honesty and integrity.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry values the spirit of philanthropy which allows the advancement of the profession of Community Paramedicine and improving the lives of patients throughout the world.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry places the highest value on its members for their contributions to the care of patients, their families, community health, the Community Paramedicine profession, and our organization.
- The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry focuses on best practice in medicine with continuous updates and cutting edge initiatives.
The Community Paramedicine Association and Registry is the global Community Paramedicine resource and advocate for Safe Practice and Safe Care.
Visit the CPAR site here.
Code of Ethics
Download our code of ethics here.
Join CPAR here!